Sunday, July 30, 2017

Note-taking of the Future

I have spent the summer reading and listening to many webinars on my quest to growing professionally. As I read and listened, it ignited a burning fire inside me. My passion for my WHY grew even more.

As a 21st century instructional leader, I intentionally tried to find ways to take notes that allows me to model instructional strategies I can share with teachers in the classroom. My motto this year is Leading with Intentionality. I want everything that I do to be for a purpose.


My first few books I read was reading and note taking traditionally. Then I discovered Book Snaps by Tara M. Martin. I loved doing the Book Snaps and think students will find it enjoyable.

I also did he traditional, writing what I learned in a notebook...I created tabs and everything. That was not exciting....


I am a part of some wonderful PLNs and it was there that I heard of the RocketBook. OMG! Let me tell you that I was intrigued. I googled it and then went to Amazon to purchase. I was sold. In 2 days I got my treasure and I was in love.


There are different kinds and sizes. I decided to get the Everlast. The Everlast notebook provides a classic pen and paper experience. I chose The Everlast because it is  endlessly reusable and connected to all of my favorite cloud services. 

One pen came with it, but I purchase the colorful pens for about $10. When you write using any pen from the Pilot Frixion line, the writing sticks to Everlast pages like regular paper. But add a drop of water… and the notebook erases like magic.

The Everlast notebook is compatible with the Rocketbook app. That means before my notes go off the page they go online to destinations like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Evernote — perfectly organized. You know me, I send it to Google Drive!

I always wanted to do Sketch Notes, so I found myself listening to a few webinars and sketch noting all weekend. I was able to listen and doodle at the same time! #winning I scanned each page into the RocketBook app, it was sent to my Google Drive, and I wiped the marks away to begin again.




The Rocketbook for me is a great way to take notes, share them quickly, and you don't have to worry about looking for a notebook to find your notes. Just go to Google and you have them all the time. The app also files your pages, so you have them there and can share them to Facebook, Twitter, Messenger, and via email! Administrators, teachers, and students can benefit from the notebook from the future! I think I am going to order my daughter one. She will be in 9th grade and this would definitely help her organize her notes and prevent the clutter of multiple notebooks.




No comments:

Post a Comment