Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Talk About It Tuesday

It's Talk About It Tuesday again and I am finishing up the book: Lost at School by Dr. Ross Greene


I will use the acronym FISH (c) to convey my thoughts...




First thoughts...

Impact of the reading on...
Summary of the chapters, reading, etc...
                           How will I use this to grow...





F: My first thoughts of the chapter 4 was how valuable will this process be for students to learn social and behavioral skills.

I: Chapter 4 had some great information on the process of Plan B. Using the three steps discussed in Chapter 4 will definitely help distributive behaviors in classrooms.

S: Chapter 4 discussed 3 steps to Plan B: empathy, define, and invitation. Using these 3 steps in a proactive or emergency situation can help students resolve disruptive behaviors. Empathy helps the adult understand the student's perspective. When you get to the defining step, it will allow the adult to voice their concern. It is important to remember that during the defining step, you voice two concerns: the student's and the adult's. The last step is inviting the student to solve the identified concerns. You know I am not going too far in detail about these steps, because I want you to purchase the book and read it for yourself. Just know this is some good stuff. 😉

H: I will use the information in this chapter to create a plan for teachers to use in their classrooms to teach students skills they are lacking, to reduce challenging behaviors, and to help build relationships.  Here is the Plan B Cheat Sheet and Plan B Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment