Saturday, July 22, 2017

Leading with Coffee and PJs



As an instructional leader it is very important you are providing your staff with opportunities to learn and grow professionally. This summer I challenged myself to indulge in as much educational reading and online PD to grow as leader. I want to inspire others to become lifelong learners also.

In the book Lead Like a Pirate and one of my PLNs I learned of the digital newsletter Smore. The administrator who shared Smore stated that she uses it as her quickly newsletter and include an article for teachers to read. I started playing around with it to see how I could implement Smore this school year and it came to me...

I can use Smore to share mini PD to my staff. What a great way to provide them with things they can view or read to help them grow professionally. While trying to find the best title for the newsletter, I came across the picture...


It is not my own, but I decided to use it as the title for the newsletter: PD in PJs. So as I sit here writing a few blog post, I will end my "Me Time" this morning with a little PD and coffee (and yes I am still in my PJs).




What a great tool to use as a 21st Educational Leader to promote lifelong learners in your building! I will provide literacy, math, tech, and an article for educators to use to grow professionally. As we begin school, observations allow me to intentionally create the PD to share. Check our Edition 1:

Smore - PD in your PJs Series:


No comments:

Post a Comment